Verizon Wireless and Samsung today announced the Samsung Reality will be available on April 22.
The stylish Samsung Reality, available in two color options - Piano Black and City Red - sports a three-inch touch screen display, full horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard, customizable widgets, and multiple messaging options.
The Samsung Reality supports Samsung's TouchWiz interface, which offers designed widgets that allow customers to customize and personalize their phones. The Communities widget allows customers to update social networking sites, post pictures and upload videos to YouTube and other Web sites instantly. The Samsung Reality also features one-touch widgets, which provide instant access to favorite Web sites on the phone?s full HTML Web browser.
Key features and specifications:
- 3 inch WQVGA (240 x 400) full touch screen
- Horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
- 3.2 megapixel camera with Night Shot Mode; single, multi, panorama, mosaic and frame shot modes; and video capture capabilities
- Photo editing features, including Dynamic Canvas, which supports flash animations in pictures
- Bluetooth technology with support for headset, hands-free, Dial Up Networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, File Transfer and serial port
- Corporate Email (formerly RemoSync) support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
- microSD card slot with support for up to 16 GB (card purchased separately)
- Access to social networking services
- VZ Navigator capable - Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- Visual Voice Mail - Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
- Media Center - Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Personal organizer and tools with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
The Samsung Reality will be available on April 22 at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
To get the most from the Samsung Reality, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and purchase a data package beginning at $9.99 per month for 25 megabytes with Mobile Email.