SANYO announced the release of a new Full HD, Slim Type Dual Camera Xacti, VPC-CS1, available in February, 2010.
By utilizing a convenient video format that can be easily handled on PC and Internet environments, and even on home TVs, these cameras are more than just hardware for capturing, viewing, and saving images. They are convenient products for sharing videos online, on blogs or on other multi-media sites, and they are able to easily import images to portable media devices.
The new VPC-CS1 is undergoing certification to be compatible with iFrame, a next generation video format that has been designed to allow users to easily import, edit and share high quality video. iFrame is a computer-friendly format, and can be used with both Mac and PC compatible applications due to the use of standards-based technologies such as H.264, AAC, and MP4.
- In order to make the new models even more compact than previous models, SANYO has developed a slim sensor module and a new super slim lens.
- Compact size (approx. 126 cc in volume), lightweight design approx. 5 oz), and slim body (1.06" in thickness).
- Maintains the original vertical ergonomic style enabling slim body with usability
- Captures Full HD videos with a resolution of 1920?1080 pixels.
- The video format used for this model is "MPEG-4 AVC / H.264," which is easy to use on PC and Internet environments, as it is a single file format, similar to the one used for still photos.
- Consequently, video files are displayed in the same thumbnail format as still picture files, and they can also be played back directly with Windows Media Player, and editable with Windows Live Movie Maker, and are Device Stage compatible.
- "Sound Zoom" function enables clear sound recordings according to the scene
- Produces high-resolution 8-megapixel images.
- Wide capture range from an advanced 10x zoom to a 38-mm wide angle lens.
- "Digital Image Stabilizer" and "Face Chaser Function" for videos and photos
- "Sequential Shot" ensures capturing the perfect images.
- "Eye-Fi card compatibility" enables automatic uploading of images to a computer.
- Mini HDMI terminal
- Compatible with large-capacity recording media, SDXC memory card.
The camera will be available in March for $290.