Popular AQUOS with Blu-Ray Now Offers Even More Intuitive Operation and Higher Image Quality
Sharp Corporation will introduce 13 new models (in 26V-, 32V-, 40V-, 46V-, and 52V-inch sizes*1) of the AQUOS DX Series LCD TV with built-in Blu-ray Disc recorder.
Since being launched in November 2008, the DX Series has enjoyed high praise and brisk sales for all-in-one convenience offering ease-of-use and the ability to record on Blu-Ray Discs and play back Blu-Ray Discs and conventional DVDs.
This second edition of the DX Series brings more advanced functions such as even better images and ease-of-use. The recording function is improved with the 7X extended HD video recording (7X mode)*2, which allows extended recording time while retaining the same exact full-HD quality as the original high-definition broadcast. Image quality has also been taken to a new level with the High-Picture-Quality Master Engine*3, as well as Clear Double Speed function*3 for crisp, high-speed images. In addition, Image Select automatically sets the image and sound to match room brightness and type of TV and video program or scene. With the New Motion Guide, users can be watching TV while selecting another program on TV or the Internet, or a program recorded on Blu-ray Disc. Users now get even more of the advanced operation only possible with these all-in-one AQUOS models.
Internet connectivity means that users can also view multi-channel broadcasts and video-on-demand, as well as proprietary high-definition content and the latest video services that are only available on AQUOS.
These new DX Series models come in a choice of black, white, and red (black and white for the 46V- and 52V-inch models) so users can choose from various sizes and colors to match their viewing purpose and room atmosphere.
1. Record and play back with the built-in Blu-ray Disc unit. 7X extended HD video recording (7X mode) allows extended recording time while retaining the same exact full-HD quality as the original high-definition broadcast.
2. New Motion Guide is easy to use: one push of the Home button on the remote control displays a list of programs.
3. Image Select automatically adjusts images to the ideal setting to fit to room brightness and type of TV/video program or scene.
4. High-Picture-Quality Master Engine (on 40V-, 46V-, 52V-inch models).
5. Internet service offers proprietary video content for TV.
6. All models are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
*1 ?V-inch? is a measure of the true size of the flat TV screen, standardizing on the length of the diagonal dimension of the actual viewing area.
*2 7X mode allows the user to record high-definition BS/110° CS digital broadcasts for seven times as long as DR mode. Note that it may not be possible to use 7X mode to record certain terrestrial digital broadcasts and other programs. Also, up to seven times the normal recording time may not be possible in some cases.
*3 On 40V-, 46V-, 52V-inch models.