According to comScore, Inc., a leader in measuring the digital world, released its monthly analysis of U.S. consumer activity at the top online properties for April 2008 based on data from the comScore Media Metrix service. April saw Google Sites attain the number one spot in the Top 50 U.S. Properties ranking for the first time in its history with a total audience of more than 141 million visitors.
"April was a very active month. Google took the top property position, thanks to continued search growth and rapid growth at YouTube," commented Jack Flanagan, executive vice president of comScore Media Metrix.
Top 10 Properties
1. Google Sites -> 141,080,000
2. Yahoo! Sites -> 140,613,000
3. Microsoft Sites -> 121,213,000
4. AOL LLC -> 111,277,000
5. Fox Interactive Media -> 87,527,000
6. eBay -> 80,903,000
7. Wikipedia Sites -> 58,812,000
8. Amazon Sites -> 58,057,000
9. Ask Network -> 54,086,000
10. Time Warner - Excluding AOL -> 52,544,000