Opera Version 9.26 as well as possibly the last update for the Netscape browser are available for download.
Opera v9.26 for Windows is available for download here
Changes for the new version include:
- Fixed an issue where simulated text inputs could trick users into uploading arbitrary files, as reported by Mozilla. See advisory
- Image properties can no longer be used to execute scripts, as reported by Max Leonov. See advisory
- Fixed an issue where the representation of DOM attribute values could allow cross site scripting, as reported by Arnaud.lb. See advisory
- Fixed a stability issue found in Opera 9.0 to 9.25, when Opera connects securely to Windows Server 2008 or other servers supporting the TLS Certificate Status extension.
- Additional stability fixes.
This release is a recommended security and stability upgrade. See the Opera's Security section
for additional information.
AOL also released the last update for the Netscape Navigator browser. The company will stop any active product support for Navigator 9, or any previous Netscape Navigator browser, and suggests users to download Mozilla Firefox instead.
Anyway, the last Netscape Navigator 9.0.06 is available as a standalone installation for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The following features are new and unique to Netscape Navigator.
These security fixes
included in Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199 have been included in Netscape Navigator 188.8.131.52.
An add-on has been included in this version to help users migrate to either Flock or Firefox
The WeatherBug add-on has been removed from this version of Navigator.
For the rest of the new features in Navigator 9, see What's New in Navigator 9.0?
Since Navigator 9 is based on the newest Mozilla technologies, there are additional features in Navigator 9 that were not available in Netscape Browser 8.x.
For downloads, visit http://browser.netscape.com/downloads/