Sony released the latest firmware upgrade for its BDP-S1 Blu-ray Disc Player.
The new firmware mainly improves BD-Java compatibility and improves support for BD-ROM discs.
Improvements over firmware version 1.50:
- Enhanced customer support capability
- Compatibility with the newly released BD-R/RE format (BDMV)
- Improves BD-Java compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs
- Enhanced playback compatibility with certain BD-ROM format discs
- Corrects the output signal status information for audio output and display when Linear PCM 5.1 channel soundtracks are played via HDMI
The firmware can be installed through a DVD recordable disc, that will include the essential downloadable files. The firmware files as well as instructions for the upgrade procedure are available at http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=BDPS1&upd_id=2559&os_id=99