Hitachi-LG Data Storage (HLDS) will showcase the first Super Multi Blue Dual-Format burner for PCs as well as the new slim DVD burners featuring the SecurDisc technology at CeBIT 2007.
Co-developed by HLDS and Nero, the SecurDisc technology enables secure data protection and content access control when writing data on CD and DVD formats. While some optical disc drives support password encryption as the only security function, LG's new GSA-H55N super Multi drive with Security Function offers multiple features to protect a disc at the user and storage level:
- Password Encryption - Protects user data against unauthorized access through password protection
- Disc Creator Authentication - A digital signature is applied to all data to allow recipients to verify data authenticity
- Integrity Checker - Detects altered data through checksums to verify data integrity and readability
- Data Insurance - Increases data reliability through redundantly stored data
The new LG GSA-H55N will be available at the beginning of April and will additionaly support writing at 20x (DVD-R/+R). Its estimated retail price will be 59 euro. A lighscribe version of the drive (LG GSA-H55L) will be also available at the same time.
CeBIT visitors will also have the chance to see the first PC drive that is functioning as Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM drive. The new GGW-H10N is a "Super Multi Blue" Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM Drive.
The GGW-H10N can record up to 50GB of data. Surpassing the market standard, LG is providing a 4x recording speed of Blu-ray Discs, which means that it takes only 23-24 minutes to burn a full single layer BD-R disc (25GB), compared with 46-47 minutes for conventional 2x recording.
The SATA drive will be released in May, priced under US $1,200. The core technologies of Super Multi Blue Drive are Optical Pickup technology, which supports Blu-ray disc write/playback, HD DVD playback and DVD/CD write/playback, as well as the system controlling the Optical Pickup securely and effectively.
BD-R (Sl/DL) 4x/2x
BD-RE (SL/DL) 2x
DVD±R/R DL 8x/4x
HD DVD-ROM(SL/DL) 3x
DVD±R DL/ROM DL 6x/8x
LG will also showcase the GSA-E50, an external Super-Multi Portable DVD drive. Besides its elegant design, the drive integrates USB BUS Power, with an AC adapter for high speed. The unit has up to 8x DVD+R, DVD-R write speeds in addition to 8.5GB double layer recording and 5x for DVD-RAM. The drive will be also available in a lightscribe version, dubbed GSA-E50L. The drives will be available from May for 99 euro (without LightScribe) and 109 euro (with LightScribe).
Other LG external and internal optical disc drives showcased at CeBIT 2007 include:
- GSA-H42N - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-H42L - This internal drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-H30N - The Internal Super Multi features Serial ATA interface
- GSA-E30N - This external drive has a writing speed of 18x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-E30L - This external drive has 18x DVD+R and DVD-R write speeds, one of the highest speeds on the market. Further the unit is incorporates LightScribe, direct disc labeling technology
- GSA-T10N - The internal Slim Super Multi features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R
- GSA-U10N - The internal Slim Super Multi - Ultra Slim drive features a writing speed of 8x DVD+R and DVD-R