The new model's compact and robust but lightweight outer-shell, combined with Fujinon 10x optical zoom lens, ISO 1600 sensitivity, Fujifilm Intelligent Flash system and multiple scene selections, make it a truly take-anywhere camera.
Key improvements of the FinePix S5700 over its predecessor include:
- An enhanced ergonomic design of even smaller proportions, which make the camera portable and easy to hold in one hand, whilst retaining its powerful 10x optical zoom.
- ISO sensitivity up to 1600, guaranteeing crisp images, with no need for flash, even on a night out or when snapping moving subjects.
- The introduction of Fujifilm's Intelligent Flash and Natural light plus Flash modes for images that are faithful to the original scene, even when flash is required.
- 2.5-inch, 230,000-pixel screen, making it much easier for users to compose, review and share images.
- Dual compatibility for Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Card and the popular Secure Digital (SD) card format, providing a greater choice of storage options.
- 7.1 Megapixel CCD sensor
- An intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) system, which guides the user through the menu via a series of pop-up prompts, and an improved button layout, which mean the camera is easier than ever to navigate.
The FinePix S5700's ISO 1600 sensitivity means photos can be taken in low light, without flash, resulting in much more natural looking shots that are closer in colour and tone to the original scene. The integrated Fujinon lens also means users will never have to contend with dust on the sensor or need to invest in more equipment. The lens itself is more compact than its predecessor's, but retains the flexible zoom range from wide angle to telephoto, enabling users to shoot from distance or close up. A fixed lens housing also ensures fast start-up time of just 1.1 seconds.
Fujifilm's Anti-Blur mode, which makes use of the camera's ISO 1600 sensitivity and an ultra-fast shutter speed combine to combat the effects of subject and camera movement. For those also keen to capture moving images, the FinePix S5700 has a movie recording mode with sound,