Kodak introduced an array of new products and services that unleash the power of pictures for consumers, professionals and retailers.
Kodak?s new lineup, unveiled at Photokina?the largest imaging exposition and trade show in Europe?is a continuation of the steady stream of innovative, award winning products and services introduced to help retailers succeed in today?s changing marketplace.
?Kodak invented digital photography, and today?s announcements further demonstrate our innovation and commitment to enhance all types of imaging?digital, traditional and mobile, ? said Antonio M. Perez, Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak Company. ?These new products and services allow consumers to enjoy a richer imaging experience, and provide our partners with increased business opportunities.?
Kodak?s line-up of new products and services include:
* New KODAK Picture Kiosk GS Digital Station?an addition to the digital picture kiosk family?that creates a new category of affordable, medium volume retail digital photo printing solutions. The self-service GS Digital Station sports a 17-inch touch screen monitor and the ability to print from a full range of input methods, including BLUETOOTH ? wireless technology. The GS Digital Station is fast?11 seconds per print?and yields 750 4x6 prints per roll. It will be available for installation in Europe beginning October 2006.
* New KODAK Picture Kiosk G4 Software, V1.1, brings a host of features specifically designed to maximize return on hardware investment for retailers and elevates the consumer experience. The V1.1 software creates photographic specialty products such as greeting cards, calendars and collages instantly from the kiosk without any additional hardware expense. A new ?shopping cart? feature allows retailers to drive incremental sales of enhanced prints and enlargements?all printed in seconds for the consumer.
* New KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 Zoom Digital Camera combines advanced photographic features with point-and-shoot simplicity. With a 7.1 megapixel image sensor and 10X optical zoom, the Z710 model makes it simple to zoom and capture crisp shots that can make high-quality prints up to 30 x 40 inches (76 x 102 cm).
* New KODAK EASYSHARE Photo Printer 350 connects to camera phones for high-quality prints. Using BLUETOOTH wireless technology, the Photo Printer 350 prints 4 x 6 photos directly from BLUETOOTH technology-enabled devices.
* Enhanced KODAK PROFESSIONAL PORTRA color negative films underscore Kodak?s ongoing support of the professional photography market. The recently released 160VC, 160NC, 400VC and 400NC films in the PORTRA film family produce finer grain, spectacular skin tones and improved scanning performance for greater enlargement capability. At Photokina, a panel of professional photographers, including Renate Forster, Frederic Lagrange, Jock McDonald and Chris Usher will discuss their experiences with PORTRA Film, and how it fits into their photography work.
* New KODAK NEXPRESS Photo Bundle provides increased revenue opportunities for digital print providers. The Photo Bundle includes software and hardware components to enhance a KODAK NEXPRESS system for high quality digital photo applications. The professional advisory services included in Photo Bundle provide tailored assistance, training and workflow consultation to the growing number of digital print providers. The NEXPRESS 2500 digital production color press will be on display in Hall 5, Stand A002, to demonstrate a range of new photo-rich print applications.
* New KODAK KAF-10500 Image Sensor?developed specifically for the LEICA M8 digital camera?continues Kodak?s legacy of offering high performance imaging devices that result in low noise, high sensitivity and wide dynamic range.
* New KODAK batteries for digital cameras maximize speed, performance and battery life, resulting in an increase in the number of pictures consumers can take between battery charges.
Kodak believes in the power and beauty of pictures, and to bring this to life, the Kodak exhibit at Photokina will include an explosion of cutting edge, dramatic images in electrifying fashion. On the booth?s catwalk?and the entire Kodak show floor?models dressed in one-of-a-kind ensembles made of KODAK pictures and products, including CDs, memory cards, film, paper and stickers will fuse fashion with photography. The Kodak Photokina gallery will showcase a visually stunning array of more than 250 images from 20 of the world?s top professional photographers. Visit Kodak in Hall 5.2, Stand A002/C031 to experience the largest display of imaging products at the Photokina trade show.