CyberLink 's PowerDirector 5 enables the production of widescreen and high-definition movies, and the output of video files using CyberLink?s optional MPEG-4 AVC encoder or the Sony PSP-compliant MPEG-4 SP format.
PowerDirector 5's ability to import, edit, and output high definition video, and support for HDV camcorders and native 16:9 aspect ratios, turns home-video editors into Hollywood directors, letting them create videos for playback on the latest TVs in 1080i or 720p resolution.
Support for MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-4 SP, via optional plug-in packs, allows the creation of quality, compressed video files with low bit-rates. Both formats are designed for new mobile devices where storage is limited. CyberLink has licensed Sony's Memory Stick Video Format for the production of MPEG-4 SP video for playback on the Sony PSP.
PowerDirector 5 also allows burning to DVD and CD media via a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW burner. Users can burn their high-definition widescreen movies to a DVD, play it on their home DVD player and view in a 16:9 native aspect ratio on their widescreen HDTV.
CyberLink PowerDirector 5's High Definition Format Support:
- Capturing: HD MPEG-2 from HDV camcorders
- Importing: HD MPEG-2, WMV-HD
- Output: HD MPEG-2, WMV-HD, MPEG-4 AVC
- New Magic Tools: Magic Style and Magic Fix
- Improvements to existing Magic Tools: Magic Cut, Magic Clean, Magic Motion, and Magic Music
- CyberLink RichVideo technology, featuring Smart Captions
- Support for high-definition video
- Support for HDV camcorders
- Support for 16:9 aspect ratio video content
- Optional support for MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-4 SP
- Faster previewing of clips with a new low-resolution preview setting and the ability to disable specific timeline tracks while viewing others
- Upgraded Title Designer featuring multiple text layers
- CyberLink Virtual Speaker settings for DVD audio