Gigabyte introduced the GA-8I945P-G-RH, the company's first RoHS compliant motherboard featuring the Intel 945P Express chipset for the Intel Pentium D and Pentium 4 platforms.
The GA-8I945P-G-RH complies with the European Union's Restriction of use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive that limits the use of lead, mercury, cadmium and other hazardous substances in electronic products. This directive will start from July 1, 2006.
The launch of the GA-8I945P-G-RH is part of the GIGABYTE Cares initiative whereby the company is striving to do its share, and more, as a member of the global community to look after the environment.
The GA-8I945P-G-RH provides a broad range of peripheral connections by offering high speed Serial ATA for connection of storage devices, and USB 2.0. The GA-8I945P-G-RH also offers multimedia advancements through PCI-Express X16 interface, doubling that of the current AGP8X interface. For improved networking, Gigabit LAN provides LAN connection at a network connection speed of up to 1,000 Mbps.
The company has not unveiled pricing details. Usually, the RoHS-compliant products are slightly more expensive than the traditional older ones, due to possible expenses needed for additional manufacturing equipment.
- Supports Intel Pentium Processor (LGA775)
- Intel 945P Express chipset, Intel ICH7 chipset
- PCI?Express X16 Graphics interface
- 2 x PCI?Express X1 slots, 3 x PCI slots
- DDRII 667/533MHz, 4 DIMMs, Dual Channel
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- 4 x Serial-ATA 3Gb/s interface
- 2 Ultra ATA133 Connectors from GigaRAID controller
- 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports ( 4 on rear Panel)
- Intel High Definition
- Xpress Install, Xpress Recovery