NEC announced the new MultiSync GX2 line of consumer monitors at the DigitalLife Expo in New York City.
With NEC's patented OptiClear DVM screens, the NEC MultiSync 70GX2, the 90GX2 and the multi-function 20WMGX2 displays produce high quality colors . The new displays also feature response times of just 4 milliseconds.
The 20WMGX2 offer a contrast ratio of 1600:1 and an integrated TV tuner in a wide-aspect format.
The NEC MultiSync GX2 Series displays also feature an integrated four-port USB 2.0 powered hub. The new line supports the DVM (Dynamic Video Mode) for the 70GX2 and 90GX2 and A-DVM (Advanced Dynamic Video Mode) for the 20WMGX2 as well as a thin-frame design. Additional features include coax, S-Video, composite and component video inputs, a remote, Picture-in-Picture display, and a speaker bar with dual 5-watt speakers.
- OptiClear DVM screen technology for sharp images
- High speed 4ms Rapid Response rate (6ms for the 20WMGX2)
- 400cd/m2 super brightness for vivid on-screen performance
- 700:1 contrast ratio (1600:1 for the 20WMGX2)
- 4 port powered USB 2.0 hub
- XtraView technology provides for some of the widest viewing angles available
- Ambix dual-input technology: DVI-D digital input for connection to the latest high performance video cards and 15-pin D-SUB analog input for compatibility with traditional PCs.
- Integrated cable management system to reduce distracting clutter
- No Touch Auto Adjust reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on
- Three-year limited parts and labor warranty
All products will be available in December. Estimated street prices for the products are:
- $369.99 for the 17-inch NEC 70GX2 after $30 MIR
- $499.99 for the 19-inch NEC 90GX2 after $30 MIR
- Price for the 20-inch NEC 20WMGX2 is TBD