The new PowerCinema package includes a TV-tuner card (Hybrid or Analog TV tuner card) for receiving TV and radio programming and capturing analog video.
CyberLink PowerCinema 4 Provides Easy Entry to the Home Entertainment Experience. The company today launched the TV solution PowerCinema
an easy means of converting the home PC into a feature-rich entertainment center.
The new PowerCinema package includes a TV-tuner card for receiving TV and
radio programming and capturing analog video. A stylish 3D interface and operation
by remote control ensure easy navigation of features, including games, DVD movies,
music, pictures, and video modules.
New features allow CD ripping and auto photo fixing via remote control. Users
can also record and schedule TV and radio programs and save them on their hard
disks. DVD playback is supported by technology developed for industry-leading
PowerDVD, delivering unsurpassed video quality and rich audio playback.
"CyberLink has been in the business of TV recording on the PC for years,
with technologies that now let mom and dad transform their home computer
into a complete entertainment center," said Alice H. Chang, CEO
of CyberLink Corp. "In fact, CyberLink PowerCinema 4 offers a deceptively
simple solution, providing a bundled TV + Radio tuner card, support for remote
and 5.1 channel home-theater systems, exceptional DVD playback, and a range
of options for expanding functionality."
CyberLink PowerCinema 4 highlights:
- Analog and Analog-Digital TV tuner card support provides reception
of TV and radio, and allows capturing of analog video. (TV card support
differs according to regional requirements)
- Internet and Teletext Electronic Program Guide support enables access
to program information (where supported by region) and an easy way
to schedule TV recording.
- Second-generation video-enhancing technology CyberLink Eagle Vision
(CLEV-2) brightens images and makes colors more natural while compensating
for dark DVD playback on LCD monitors.
- Dolby Digital audio 5.1-channel support lets users maximize their
enjoyment of Hollywood DVDs with playback through their 5.1-channel
- Second-generation audio-expansion technology CyberLink Multi-channel
Environment Impression (CLMEI-2) takes up to 5.1-channel audio and
expands it into 8-channel audio for playback on the latest digital home-theater
- CyberLink Headphone (CLHP) and CyberLink Virtual Speaker (CLVS) deliver
a richer audio experience with virtual surround via headphones or
- Support for High-Definition Video enables the playback of higher quality
WMV-HD and HD DVD video files.
- DivX support now enables playback of DivX 5 and DivX Pro video files.
- Recent Videos allows users to quickly return to their recently opened
- Auto Red-Eye Removal and Image Fixing provide a quick one-click method
of enhancing digital photos.
- Recent Photos allows users to quickly return to their recently opened
- Rip CD enables quick creation of WMA audio files from CDs.
- Recent Music allows users to quickly return to their recently opened
- Live Recording enables the recording of live radio programs directly
to a user’s hard drive.
- Schedule Recording lets users program PowerCinema to record programs
at a set time and date.
Downloads features CyberLink trial software that can be downloaded for free.
- Support Center provides Q&As and easy access to CyberLink’s
- Store lets users browse and buy products available in the CyberLink
Wild Tangent Games
- Crystal Maze and Slyder are two full version games accessible from
within PowerCinema. Each is designed for operation via remote control.
- 3 Trial Games let users play a wide variety of keyboard-based games
before buying online.
- Games will be released soon as free update patches to users.
- CyberLink Remote Control rounds off the home entertainment experience
with easy navigation of features.
- Magic Director supports the editing of videos into home movies via
remote control, featuring background music, movie styles, and technology
for enhancing image and audio quality.
- MakeDVD 2 enables the easy authoring and burning of video, music and
photo files to DVD – also via remote control.
- The DTS plug-in lets users experience 5.1-channel audio on DVDs featuring
Digital Theater Surround audio.
- The Audio Pack plug-in lets users upgrade their Dolby support to the
latest 8-channel home theater audio, expand from 2 to 8-channel audio,
and experience virtual surround sound technology, with Dolby Digital EX, Dolby
Pro Logic IIx,
Dolby Headphone and Dolby Virtual Speaker.
PowerCinema 4 Analog TV edition is available for USD 99.95/Euros 84.99 and
PowerCinema 4 Hybrid TV edition is available for USD 119.95/Euros 99.99 at
the CyberStore: at the CyberStore.