Wednesday, August 20, 2014
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Monday, March 29, 2004
New PSX Update Number 2
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Sony, a few weeks following the distribution of its first PSX upgrade disk, has gone about finalizing details on the second. Set to be made available from this Wednesday, this upgrade adds even more of the features that went absent from the system in its rush to the Japanese market late last year.
The new update offers the following features:
- Recording to and playback of the DVD+RW format. Note that SLP mode content is excluded from this.
- Forward play at 1.3 times speed
- Recording of separate audio channel along with main channel, both to the hard disk and to the VR-Mode of DVD-RW
- Forward/Rewind of retail DVDs at 30-times speed
- Ability to make changes to your upcoming recording list directly from the interactive programming chart.
- Ability to read Sony Cybershot format pictures and movies from CD-R
- Recognition of maximum 99 MP3 music files per folder on a CD-R
- Bug fix involving bug where system would stop during slide-show playback of still pictures.
As with the first update, this update will be downloadable to your PSX by connecting Online starting Wednesday. Those without Online access can get their hands on a CD-ROM version either through Sony's website or via retailers who stock the PSX, but will have to wait until the 21st of April.
The American and European versions of the PSX are expected to have the system's full specifications restored in time for its release later this year.
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2014 - All rights reserved