Thursday, January 19, 2017
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Monday, June 23, 2003
SecuROM offers software pre-release protection
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
SecuROM has made protecting the pre-release software more convenient than ever. All you have to do is distribute the new Pre-Release Preview Discs to selected journalists or external testers. The discs unlock the pre-release software you've encrypted with SecuROM - without any risk to your retail version which will be released with a different SecuROM key code. The encrypted pre-release software can be distributed on a CD-Recordable or any other format.
For extra security a unique code is added to each Preview Privilege Disc, allowing you to track each disc's usage. As an option Sony DADC will provide you with a Web interface that tells you exactly which number belongs to which person.
Additionally, we'll add a
Secure Web Link
to your Preview Privilege Disc to give users access to private and exclusive bonus content on a Website of your choice. The Secure Web Link can be used to allow journalists to give you valuable feedback on the application in question or to allow them access to up-to-date background information on your title.
· Developers use the same easy encryption process used on the standard retail version of SecuROM, with encryption via the Online Encryption Toolkit (OETK).
· Preview Privilege Disc are also convenient for your marketing department since the Preview Discs only need to be distributed once and can be used for several releases.
· Journalists or beta testers do not have to go online to unlock the pre-release software.
· Preview Discs can be used as marketing tools with bonus content delivered via the Secure Web Link.
Custom disc label prints are also offered, in addition to a standard design which can include your logo. · You won't have any delays since you can keep the Preview Privilege Disc in stock and then burn the review versions or beta discs yourselves.
· Publisher protects the pre-release executable using the SecuROM™ Online Encryption Toolkit. Pre-release titles are burned onto regular CD-Rs. Distribute the CD-R together with a Pre-Release Preview Disc that contains the "unlocking" SecuROM™ key code on CD-ROM. This Preview Disc can be used for several titles.
· Beta tester or reviewer installs the title.
· Successful launch of the executable is only possible with the Preview Privilege Disc in a local drive.
For further details contact SecuROM-sales@SecuROM.com.
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2017 - All rights reserved