Saturday, October 21, 2017
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Thursday, May 18, 2000
DVD Cut Machine
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
"...The new DCM (DVD Cut Machine) from VITEC Multimedia allows users to convert old and new video film to DVD-Video format on a home PC!The new product features a complete suite of DVD creation tools for real time encoding, authoring and editing for the entire range of MPEG 1 and 2 content including VideoCD and DVD compliant video. The DCM is a combination of VITEC Multimedia's DVD Toolbox software and a PCI card featuring a new proprietary chip -- the VM2000. The chip has been three years in development and was fully funded by VITEC. The new chip provides high-quality, low-cost, real time MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 encoding.
The VM2000 is the first encoder chip set with a hybrid hardware/software architecture that allows the product to utilize the improvements of Pentium processing speeds. The chip acts as a specialized coprocessor of the Pentium. There is no memory on the board, thus leading to a low-cost BOM.
Also included is the ability to preview the video on a PC monitor while encoding or a pass-through option to a TV monitor when encoding. Along with the card, all the popular software features of the VITEC DVD Toolbox are included providing a comprehensive editing and authoring suite.
- MPEG MAKER-2: AVI and BMP to MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 converter VIDEO Clip MPEG-2 SE: MPEG-2 software editor to edit existing MPEG files.
- DVDMaker: simple authoring software to define linear chapters and generate DVD-Video image on disk.
- MPEGRemix: software to replace the audio component of an MPEG program file by a .wav file and remix it to a new MPEG program file.
- VOBtoMPEG: software which reads back an existing DVD-Video and converts it into a MPEG-2 file which can be fed again inside the editor to create a new movie without having to decode the DVD file.
- Software DVD-Video Player: A DVD real time player to play and check the image of the DVD-Video before writing the DVD-R or the CD-R..."
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2017 - All rights reserved