Thursday, May 26, 2016
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Friday, March 31, 2000
More Teac Tweak info..
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Here is more info about Teac tweak which enabled MMC DAO RAW to Teac 56s & 58s CDR-W drives:
- The jumper is ADDED in position 6, all other jumpers remains in their respective positions
- Once the unit tweaked, it is downgraded to a TEAC 55S (and will appear as a TEAC 55S). Just Remove the additionnal jumper to recover your unit.
- NERO is not able to reach the highest speed with a tweaked unit (*4 burning maxi), but CDRWIN can (set the speed to MAX)
- We think it's highly dangerous to try a bios update with a tweaked unit - It you still decide to try this operation, you might kill your writer : YOU ARE WARNED !
- Some hang problem WHEN WRITING has been reported to occur - Especially when writing AUDIO. We haven't suffered such problems during our tests, but we had several reports about such problems.
- The tweak is usefull ONLY for writing protected CD's. For normal cd's, it's better to remove the tweak.
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2016 - All rights reserved