LG Electronics said Tuesday it will release a new version of the device running on a broadband long-term evolution advanced (LTE-A) network in South Korea this week.
The G3 Cat.6 is boasts the same features as the original G3 released in May, but will come with a 2.7GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor to support the broadband LTE-A network.
LTE-A offers download speeds of up to 225Mbps
The device features a 5.5-inches Quad HD IPS (2,560 × 1,440) / 538pp display, laser beam focus and LG's smart keyboard.
LG G3 Cat.6 Specifications
- Size: 146.3 × 74.6 × 9.1mm
- Weight: 154g
- Colors: Silk white, polished gold, metallic black
- Networks: LTE, broadband LTE, LTE-A, broadband LTE-A
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Processor (up to 2.7GHz Quad Core)
- Modem: Qualcomm Gobi 9 × 35 LTE Advanced Cat 6 Modem
- Display: 5.5 inches Quad HD IPS (2,560 × 1,440) / 538ppi
- 13MP rear camera (laser auto-focus, OIS plus)
- 2.1MP front camera
- Battery: 3,000 mAh / removable
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM, 32GB, microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 kitkaet
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, n, ac, MIMO),
Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X),
NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0