Imation has made available the new IronKey Workspace W700, the first Microsoft-certified Windows To Go devices to be FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified.
FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification is a requirement for civilian and military U.S. federal agencies.
Windows To Go is an enterprise feature of Windows 8.1 that lets people work from almost any location by inserting the Windows To Go USB drive into any compatible PC of their choice. An organization's corporate image, operating system, applications and data are all contained on the Microsoft-certified IronKey Workspace USB drive. The host PC boots completely off the Windows To Go drive using local resources such as monitors, CPUs and network connections. The Windows To Go drive can be centrally managed and offers remote wipe features to protect against loss and theft.
Available in a wide range of capacity options (32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB), the IronKey Workspace W700 is the third IronKey Windows To Go device certified by Microsoft.
Centralized management is available for IronKey Workspace W700 devices. Using the on-premise IronKey Enterprise Management Server, IT departments can implement policy control, reporting, password reset and "silver bullet" features for remotely disabling and decommissioning a device- all via a central dashboard.
Capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Max Read: 400 MB/second
- Max Write: 316 MB/second
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
- Waterproof – MIL-STD-810F
- Shock-resistant FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified
- CAC/PIV login support
- Password protection
- Currently undergoing Section 508 Compliance
- 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Automatic data protection upon device removal
- Dimensions: 82.3mm x 21.1mm x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 1.12 oz (32 grams)
- Deployment Tools:Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Windows To Go)
- IronKey Enterprise Management On-Premise Server
- IronKey Workspace Provisioning Tool
- Bootable Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Requirements: PCs certified to run Microsoft Windows 7 or higher operating systems.
- Requires access to Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition (Windows 8.1 is not included or pre-loaded)