Samsung announced Wednesday that "based on consumer feedback" it had unleashed several new updates for its fitness band and two smartwatches.
The Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear 2 Neo all have new software updates for US users that include a more accurate pedometer, heart rate monitor, and sleep mode.
Key enhancements include:
- Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
- Higher pedometer goals
- An easier pedometer data transfer process
- Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
- Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
- More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
The update will begin rolling out today. When your device is ready to update, you will receive a notification on your paired Galaxy smartphone or tablet.