Sony has just introduced the Xperia T3, a new, 5.3-inch smartphone crafted in a stainless steel frame.
The slim is light at 148 grams and comes in three colours: white, black and purple. The steel used in the frame ensures its slim design feels durable, while at the same time it is functioning as an antenna.
Built with Sony’s BRAVIA technologies, the Xperia T3 has a screen with a high-resolution 5.3" HD TRILUMINOS display for mobile with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. An IPS display offers wide viewing angles.
The Xperia T3 is packed with Cyber-shot leading camera expertise and comes with an 8MP camera featuring Exmor RS. HDR for video means you can shoot films, even when backlit. SteadyShot also ensures your photos will come out distortion-free.
The Xperia T3 supports 4G networks, features a Quad-core CPU running at 1.4 GHz and a 2500 mAh battery with Sony's Battery STAMINA Mode.
The phone also features camera apps:
- Social live - lets you broadcast moments as it happens live via Facebook and lets you see and share comments in real time on the phone’s screen
- AR effect - switch your camera to AR effect mode to add new sound effects and animations to your photos and videos.
- Timeshift burst - Timeshift burst takes 31 frames within just two seconds.
- Creative effects - give your pictures an artistic edge apply a selection of looks to your photos and videos with creative effects; change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects.
- Portrait Retouch - Portrait Retouch includes real-time makeup, deco frame and other options.
The new Xperia T3 will launch globally from the end of July 2014.
On the inside
- Weight: 148 grams
- Dimensions: 150.7 x 77 x 7 mm
- Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat)
- Snapdragon 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Quad-core
- Standby time: up to 688 hours
- Music listening time: up to 63 hours 30 min
- Video playback time: up to 8 hours 14 min
- Battery: 2500 mAh minimum
- Talk time: Up to 12 hours 46 min.
Camera and video
- 8 MP camera with auto focus Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Video recording 1080 p
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) for photos and videos
- 8x digital zoom
- 1.1 MP Front-facing camera (720p)
- HD video recording (1080p)
- Image stabiliser
- Object tracking - lock focus on a specific object
- Red-eye reduction
- Scene recognition
- Pulsed LED flash
- Red-eye reduction
- Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Superior Auto – automatic scene selection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch focus
- Touch capture
- White balance
- Image capture, supported format: JPEG
- Image playback supported formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WebP
- Video recording, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4
- Video playback supported formats: 3GPP, MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, XVID, WEBM
- SteadyShot™ – video stabilisation
Connectivity and communication
- GSM GPRS/EDGE (2G)
- UMTS HSPA (3G)
- LTE (4G)
Design and display
- Wi-Fi Miracast - Wireless audio and video connection between devices
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- DLNA Certified
- Native USB tethering
- Screen mirroring
- Smart Connect
- Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync, Facebook, Google and SyncML
- USB charging
- USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support
- Xperia Link
- Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
- Noise suppression
- Xperia Socialife
- 5.3" HD (1280x720) display
- TRILUMINOS Display for mobile
- Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Face Unlock
- 277 PPI (Pixels Per Inch)
- STAMINA mode
- RAM: 1 GB
- 8 GB flash memory (internal)
- Up to 32 GB microSD (card slot)
- Google Maps for Mobile with Street view
- Google Hangouts
- Sony Select
- Web browser (WebKit)
- Google Chrome
- Google Play
- Google Voice Search
- Google Search