Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Major PS4 System Update Out Tomorrow
|You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Sony will release system software update version 1.70 for PlayStation 4 (PS4) system on April 30, delivering new features that expand the social connectivity options and make it easier for gamers to share their experiences.
In addition, the PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) system software and PlayStation App will be updated to deepen integration and improve compatibility with the PS4 system.
Here's a rundown of what you can expect with tomorrow's software updates:
PlayStation 4 v1.70 Update
- SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70,
an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4
system's home screen once it's available. Once installed, SHAREfactory
allows you to customize your gameplay videos with special
effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through
PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio
tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then
share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage
device. The app is packed with plenty of tools.
- Automatic Pre-download: No more waiting until after
a game is released to start downloading select pre-ordered games from
PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games
faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to
several days in advance of the release, so that it's ready to play as
soon as the game is released on launch day. There's also a countdown
timer prior to the release of the game so you'll know how soon your game
will be available for you to start playing.
- Option to Disable HDCP for Games: This feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for
games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your
HDMI output and export them elsewhere.
- USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: It's now
easier to show off your gaming moments and the SHAREfactory
videos you create with the world using this feature to export your
videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DUALSHOCK 4
SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your
achievements on other social networks and other video
- Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: Sony has increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your
friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive
your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.
- New SHARE Options: Sony has got a number of new SHARE
settings that will give you better control of what you want to share
with your friends. Here is what you can look forward to:
PlayStation Vita v3.15 Update
- Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.
- Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting
Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload
video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts.
- Select specific Facebook audiences to share each video or screenshot with.
- New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings
have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright,
Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated,
allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4
- New Friends Options: It's now easier to find
Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends,
view Mutual Friends on another user?s profile, and accept Friend
requests directly from the Friends list.
- New Trophies Sort Option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.
- PlayStation Store Payment Support: Similar to PS3,
Sony is introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content
purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.
- More PlayStation Camera Commands: More voice
commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the
apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.
- New PlayStation Plus Icon: For Plus members, you'll
now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login
screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system's user
- Music Unlimited SHARE Options: With a Music
Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with
your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4.
PlayStation App v1.70 Update
- PS4 Link Update for Remote Play: Linking your PS4
and PS Vita together will now be easier with the 3.15 update for PS
Vita. It'll enable Automatic Device Registration, which will
automatically detect and pair both systems when they're both online and
the same user is signed in to both devices. This makes it even quicker
for you to get started on Remote Play or access other second screen
- Push Notifications, Friend Requests and More: This
new PlayStation app update will give you the option to receive Push
Notifications for select PS4 updates you want to receive, such as
gameplay Invitations, Game Alerts or Friend Requests. You can also
receive Friend Requests via email or text messages with the app update.
Also, it's now easier to change your profile picture right from your
mobile device by uploading an image from your photo library, or taking a
photo using your in-device camera.