Thursday, January 02, 2014
Lenovo Launches Its First LTE Smartphone
|You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Lenovo on Thursday introduced its first LTE smartphone, the Lenovo Vibe Z, a thin device equipped with gesture controls, photo enhancement software and other technologies.
To complement the Vibe Z, Lenovo also launched a trio of smartphones, starting with the S930, a 6-in device primed for media addicts, the S650, a 4.7-in compact device, and the "tweener" A859, a 5-in high performance smartphone.
Lenovo, currently the #3 smart connected device maker worldwide, has expanded into the global smartphone market, introducing smartphones in 18 countries in the past two years.
As Lenovo's first smartphone featuring LTE capabilities, the Vibe Z offers fast data upload at up to 50 Mbit/s and downloading at up to 150 Mbit/s. The Vibe Z operates on GSM/UMTS networks up to 2100 and also comes with 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0.
The Vibe Z comes encased in a thin 7.9mm silver or titanium body weighing 147 grams. It has a laser-etched, fabric-feel rear cover and a 5.5-in full high definition (1920x1080) IPS wide angle viewing touchscreen display with a pixel density of 400 pixels per inch. Performance technologies inside include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-core 2.2GHz processor, 2 GB of memory and up to 16 GB of internal storage. The Vibe Z is running Android 4.3.
The smartphone has also a 13 MP rear camera with a large f1.8 aperture lens and a 5 MP front camera that?s equipped with an 84° lens. Lenovo's Super Camera and Super Gallery apps let users add fun effects to their photos easily. Additionally Vibe Z offers Lenovo-specific software supporting motion and gestures for better one-handed usage on large screen devices.
Both the new S930 and the S650 smartphones adopt the Vibe Z's silver body and laser-etched fabric-feel rear cover.
The S930 supersizes the available screen real estate with its 6-in high definition 1280x720 touchscreen while the S650 sports a compact 4.7-in gHD 960x540 display with IPS wide angle viewing.
The S930 features twin speakers and Dolby Digital Plus and even has directional sensors to move characters in 3D.
Powered by a MediaTek Quad Core processor and running Android 4.2 at 8.7mm thin, both the S930 and S650 smartphones include a dual SIM card allowing for two numbers in one device. They come with an 8 MP rear camera with flash, Lenovo?s Super Camera and Super Gallery apps and 8 GB of storage. Both smartphones include gesture-based controls and the latest Lenovo launcher customizations.
The A859 smartphone is available in white or black. It measures 9.2mm thin with a 5-in high definition (1280x720) IPS screen with 178° wide angle viewing. Like the S Series, it has a dual SIM card, runs on a MediaTek 6582 processor and Android 4.2, has an 8 MP rear camera, a front camera and 8 GB of storage.
The Vibe Z starts at $549 and will be available starting in February in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Ara
bia, United Arab Emirates and the Philippines.
The S930 and S650 start at $319 and $229, respectively. They will be available beginning immediately in countries where Lenovo smartphones are sold.
The A859 starts at $219.
Lenovo Vibe Z specs:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor 2.2 GHz
- Operating System: Android 4.3 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Display/Resolution: 5.5-in full high definition (1920x1080) IPS wide angle viewing touchscreen display
20/20 Vision display with a pixel density of 400 pixels per inch
- Memory:2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB of internal storage
- Connectivity: O perates on GSM/UMTS networks up to 2100
and comes with 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f1.8 aperture lens to defy low light situations
- Front Camera: 5 MP that is equipped with a 84° lens for wide-angle shots
- Battery: 3000 mAh (Li-polymer); Talk time up to 33 hours; Standby time up to 27 days
- Weight: 147 grams
- Dimensions: 7.9mm thon silver or titanium body
- Processor: MediaTek 6582 1.3 GHz Quad-Core processor
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Display/Resolution: 5-in (1280x720) IPS Display with
178° viewing angles
- Memory: 1GB memory
- Storage: 8GB internal storage; up to 32GB mSD removable
- Sound: 1x Speaker; 3.5mm Jack
- Integrated Comms: Dual SIM; Bluetooth 3.0 HS
- Wireless: 2G/3G; Wi-Fi
Camera: 8MP rear-facing camera with auto-focus and LED
flash; 1.6MP front-facing camera with fixed fo
- Battery: Li-Po 2250 mAh
- Dimensions: 142 x 72.5x 9.2 mm (5.6 x 2.9 x 0.36 inches)
- Processor: MediaTek 6582 1.3GHz Quad Core
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Display/Resolution: 6.0" (1280x720) display, capacitive
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB internal storage
- Sound: 2x front-facing speakers, 3.5mm Jack with Dolby Digital Plus DS1
- Integrated Comms:
Network: WCDMA 2100Mhz /900Mhz GSM900/1800Mhz/1900Mhz; or WCDMA 1900Mhz /850Mhz GSM 850/1800Mhz/1900Mhz, Dual SIM capabilities, DATA: GPRS, EDGE, Speed: HSPA+ 21Mbps(DL) / 5.76Mbps(UL),
Bluetooth: 3.0 HS
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
8MP rear-facing camera with auto-focus and LED flash
1.6MP fixed-focus front-facing camera
- Battery: 3000mAh (Li-polymer), embedded; talk time
up to 10 hours (3G); up to 14 hours (2G)
- Weight: 170 grams
- Dimensions: 170x86.5x8.7mm
FM Radio, GPS with A-GPS support
Sensors: Gravitation/Proximity/Light/E-Compass, Silver, Polycarbonate with fabric-feel texture and metal trim