Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Primera Introduces The DL500 Durable Label Printer
|You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Primera Technology today announced the availability of its new
DL500 Durable Label Printer.
DL500 allows fast in-house production of durable labels for a wide
range of rough-service applications.
Text, graphics and linear or 2D bar codes can be laser ablated onto
a range of adhesive-backed label materials. Primera says that the
finished labels are robust and do not require lamination to
withstand extended exposure to UV light, chemicals, liquids and
temperatures of up to 300C. As such, they also meet the
requirements for UL and CSA rating and serial number plates.
Instead of ink, the printer utilizes a laser diode along with
high-precision optics. Labels produced with this method are
typically used to replace metal plates or labels produced by resin
thermal transfer that are laminated in a secondary process but are
still not durable enough for many applications.
Primera claims that compared to Yag, fiber and CO2 lasers, DL500's
laser diode and matched optics marking method has a number of
advantages for producing durable labels, including lower cost,
simple mechanics and ease of operation.
Both "smoke" and "smokeless" label substrates are available. Each
substrate has its own advantages for certain applications. For
substrates that generate smoke, Primera's DF-30 Smoke and Fume
Filter is available. DF-30 has five stages of filtration which
allows the DL500 printer to be used indoors without the need for an
Printer drivers are included for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Also
included is easy to use label design and printing software from
Seagull Scientific called BarTender Primera SE UltraLite for
Depending upon configuration, DL500 systems will be priced between
$18,000 and $22,000 (USD) in the USA and Canada.
- Print method: Laser diode
- Print resolution: 300 dpi
- Max. substrate width: 5.1" (130mm)
- Media types: Smoke and smokeless laser-marking films
- Media sensing: See-through and black mark reflective sensors
- Supply roll: 6" (152mm) O.D. on 3" (76.2mm) core
- Label design software: BarTender UltraLite Primera Edition
- Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Data interface: USB 2.0
- Indicator lights: Power, Pause, Label Out
- Electrical rating: 12VDC, 5.0 amps
- Power requirements: 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Agency approvals: UL, UL-C, CE, FCC Class A
- Laser safety certification: CDRH and IEC 60825-1
- UL laser classification: Class 1 laser product
- Weight: 37.5 lbs (17 kg)
- Dimensions: 17.25" W x 9.1" H x 17.25" D (438mmW x 231mmH x
- Options: DF-30 Filtration System
- Data interface: 6-pin DIN serial cable