Thursday, October 25, 2012
LG Launches First 'Ultra-High-Definition' 4K TVs In U.S.
|You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
LG's first "Ultra High Definition" flat-panel TV - with four times the resolution of today's HDTVs - went on sale today in the United States.
LG Electronics USA chose Southern California as the consumer launchpad for this technology, after teaming up with retailer Video & Audio Center.
The LG 84-inch class (84-inch diagonal) LED TV, with a native Ultra High Def screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 to match its impressive size, has an MSRP of $19,999.99. Model 84LM9600 quadruples the level of detail from full 1080p HD resolution to 8 million pixels. Even before so-called "4K" content is available, LG's up-conversion engine, the proprietary "LG Resolution Upscaler Plus," delivers higher detail from current HD/SD external sources.
LG's 84LM9600 also boasts a Smart TV ecosystem, which is composed of over 1,000 apps and gives users access to a range of premium content services. Users can browse and navigate through the Smart TV ecosystem using LG's Magic Remote, which allows users to make commands using the control modes of Voice Recognition, Wheel, Magic Gesture and Point. It also features LG's CINEMA 3D technology and an imbedded 2D to 3D conversion engine expanding 3D content availability.
LG's rival Samsung Electronics is also expected to release a 4K UHD TV, priced at $25,000.
- Screen Size 84"
- Screen Size Diagonal 84"
- Resolution 3840 x 2160
- Display Type LED
- 3D Ready
- LG Smart TV
- TruMotion (Frame Rate) 240 Hz
- Wi-Fi Ready Yes
- Screen Size Class (diagonal) 84" Class (TBD diagonal)
- Resolution 3840 x 2160
- BLU Type LED Plus
- Response Time TruMotion 240Hz
- Local Dimming
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio 10,000,000:1
- TV without stand (WxHxD) 75.43" x 44.09" x 1.57"
- TV with stand (WxHxD) 75.43" x 47.80 x 15.71"
- Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 80.79" x 49.49" x 16.65"
- TV without stand weight 150.36 lbs
- TV with stand weight 175.05 lbs
- Shipping weight 208.34 lbs
- 3D FPR (Passive)
- 2D to 3D
- 3D Depth Control
- Triple XD Engine
- Resolution Upscaler Plus
- 7 Picture Modes (Intelligent Sensor/Vivid/Standard/Cinema/Game/ISF Expert 1/ISF Expert 2)
- Picture Wizard II
- Aspect Ratio 6 Modes (16:9/Just Scan/Set by Program/4:3/Zoom/ Cinema Zoom 1)
- Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching) HDMI: 1080p/1080i/720p,Component: 1080p/1080i/720p, RF: 1080i/720p
- AV Mode (Picture & Sound) 3 Modes (Cinema/Game/Off)
- Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP)
- Dolby Digital Decoder
- 3 Way 10 Speaker
- Audio Output (Watts - THD 10%) 10W x 2 + 15W Woofer x 2
- 3D Sound Zooming
- Infinite Surround System
- Clear Voice II
- 7 Sound Modes (Standard/Music/Cinema/Sport/ Game/Vivid/User Setting)
- 3 Sound Optimizer Modes (Low/Medium/High)
- FPR (Passive)
- 3D Format Auto Correction
- 3D to 2D
- 2D to 3D
- 20 Levels 3D Depth Control (3D & 2D to 3D)
- 20 Levels 3D Viewpoint Control (3D & 2D to 3D)
- 3D Image Correction
- Dual Play Capable
- Home Dashboard 2.0
- App Store
- Premium Content Providers
- Full Web Browser
- 3D World (3D Content Streaming)
- Skype Ready
- Smart Phone Remote Support
- Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in
- Media Link
- DLNA (Movie/Photo/Music)
- Windows 7 Certified
- Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC)
- Camera (Ready/Built-in)
- Intelligent Sensor
- Smart Energy Saving
- Input Labeling
- Closed Caption
- 1 (Rear) RF In (Antenna/Cable)
- 1 (Rear w/Gender) AV In
- 1 (Rear w/Gender) Component Video In(Y, Pb, Pr) + Audio
- 1 (Rear) Digital Audio Out (Optical)
- 4 (Side) HDMI/HDCP Input
- 1 (Rear) RGB In (D-Sub 15 Pin) - PC
- 1 (Rear) PC Audio Input
- 3 (Side /1: Hub) USB 2.0
- 1 (Rear) LAN
- 10?/10? Swivel (Left/Right)
- 400mm x 400mm VESA Compatible
- Magic Remote (4 mode w/Voice Recognition)
- 6 Pairs Included of 3D Glasses
- Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Less than 0.3W in Standby Mode