Wednesday, December 21, 2011
NVIDIA GeForce 290.53 Beta Drivers Released
|You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
The new NVIDIA GeForce 290.53 beta drivers are now
available to download.
Recommended for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim players, the
290.53 beta drivers increase performance in the game by
up to 25% and also include a faster Ambient Occlusion
profile that should eliminate the unsightly shimmering
experienced and reported by members of Nvidia's GeForce
Nvidia also updated its 3D Vision crosshair to better
match the Skyrim's default 2D crosshair.
Skyrim's shadowy indoor areas benefit most from the
performance improvements and optimizations. According
to Nvidia's tests, GTX 560 performance increased by
19.68%, GTX 560 Ti performance increased by 19.38%, GTX
560 Ti 2-Way SLI performance increased by 19.17%, and
GTX 570 performance increased by 16.70%.
Outdoor performance has improved also, though to a far
lesser extent. In the scene tested, GTX 560 performance
increased by 2.81%, GTX 560 Ti performance increased by
2.78%, GTX 560 Ti 2-Way SLI performance increased by
2.10%, and GTX 570 performance increased by 0.56%.
Nvidia has also released a 'Bethesda-Recommended' Skyrim tweak
guide, five essential Skyrim
tweaks and Skyrim
Optimal Playable Settings.
Release Notes In Full
Optimizations For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Increases performance by up to 25% in The Elder
Scrolls V: Skyrim vs. 290.36 drivers (measured with
GeForce GTX 560 at 19x10 Ultra ? Indoor Scene). Results
will vary depending on GPU, system configuration, and
- Updates the NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion
support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to
better match Skyrim crosshairs.
Adds the following SLI profiles:
- Afterfall: InSanity
- Trine 2
- WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship 2011
Added or updated the following 3D Vision game
- The Adventures Of Tintin: The Game - Rated 3D Vision
- Ignite - Rated Good
- Orcs Must Die! - Rated Good
- PT Boats: Knights Of The Sea - Rated Good
- PT Boats: South Gambit - Rated Good
- Stronghold 3 - Rated Good
- Trine 2 - Rated 3D Vision Ready
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts
when playing Battlefield 3 (fix is now enabled for
GeForce 400 and 500 series GPUs).
- Fixes a default panel resolution-timing bug in
Click here to download the GeForce 290.53