Monday, July 25, 2016
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
AMD Catalyst 11.12, Catalyst 12.1 Preview Drivers Relased
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
AMD has simultaneously released Catalyst 11.12 WHQL and Catalyst 12.1 preview drivers simultaneously.
AMD's Catalyst 11.12 drivers are certified by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs.
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.12 Windows release includes:
AMD OpenGL 4.2 production support
- AMD Catalyst 11.12 delivers official support for the OpenGL 4.2 specification
AMD Eyefinity technology enhancements
- Enables support for AMD HD3D technology when using a 3x1 Landscape Eyefinity display group, on supported DisplayPort 3D monitors.
AMD Vision Engine Control Center enhancements for Dual Graphics
- Improvements have been implemented to better facilitate the enabling and control of the Dual Graphics within the Vision Engine Control Center
You can download the Catalyst 11.12 drivers
AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver
The AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview includes all of the features found in AMD Catalyst 11.12 and also includes all of the latest optimizations found in the AMD Catalyst 11.11c performance drivers (AMD Catalyst 11.12 does not include the latest 11.11c optimizations).
Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver:
AMD HD3D technology support enhancement
- Enables support for AMD HD3D technology in conjunction with AMD CrossFireX configurations
- Delivers a new Stereo 3D mode over HDMI 1.4a connections - 1080p at 30Hz is now enabled on supported displays.
AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements - Application Profiles
- AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver enables users to create per application profiles to individually control 3D and CrossFireX settings for Direct3D applications
- Be sure to select the "Restore Factory Defaults" option under the Catalyst Control Center Preferences menu before using the new application profiles feature - this ensures there are no compatibility issues between previous drivers and the new AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver with regards to application profiles
AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements - Video UI improvements
- AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver includes user interface enhancements to simplify adjustment of video color and video quality control.
Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver (in addition to the AMD Catalyst 11.11c performance driver)
- Improves performance (10-15%) in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim when Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing is enabled on the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series for single GPU and AMD CrossfireX configurations
You can download the Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2016 - All rights reserved