Tuesday, August 30, 2016
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
ATI Stream SDK v2.0 Released
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
AMD has released the production version of the ATI Stream SDK 2.0.
ATI Stream technology is a set of hardware and software technologies that enable AMD graphics processors (GPU), working in concert with the system's central processor (CPU), to accelerate many applications beyond just graphics. This enables better balanced platforms capable of running demanding computing tasks faster.
The ATI Stream Software Development Kit (SDK) is a complete development platform created by AMD to allow developers to develop applications accelerated by ATI Stream technology. The SDK allows the development applications in a high-level language, OpenCL (Open Computing Language).
OpenCL is an open and royalty-free programming standard for general-purpose computations on heterogeneous systems. OpenCL allows programmers to preserve their source code investment and target both multi-core CPUs and the latest GPUs, such as those from AMD.
What's New in v2.0
- First production release of ATI Stream SDK with OpenCL 1.0 support.
- New: Support for OpenCL ICD (Installable Client Driver).
- New: Support for atomic functions for 32-bit integers.
- New: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008-integrated ATI Stream Profiler performance analysis tool.
- Preview: Support for OpenCL / OpenGL interoperability.
- Preview: Support for OpenCL / Microsoft DirectX 10 interoperability.
- Preview: Support for double-precision floating point basic arithmetic in OpenCL C kernels.
- Updated OpenCL runtime to conditionally load ATI CAL runtime libraries to allow execution on compatible CPUs without ATI Catalyst installed.
- Updated OpenCL runtime to allow simultaneous use of OpenCL and ATI CAL APIs in a single user application.
- Updated cl.hpp from the Khronos OpenCL working group release.
- Various OpenCL compiler and runtime fixes and enhancements
For additional information and downloads visit
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2016 - All rights reserved