Saturday, October 22, 2016
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
New Firmware For PS3
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Sony released Version 1.92 firmware update for the Playstation 3 gaming system.
- Customizing wallpaper (Theme Settings)
You can now display an image as the background of XMB (XrossMediaBar).
- Using emoticons
You can now use emoticons when creating messages under [Friends].
- Entering text in the Internet browser
You can now enter text directly into text entry fields of Web pages using a USB keyboard. > See details
- Upsampling audio CD output
Upsampled output of audio CDs is now supported.
Other new or revised features in version 1.92 (with 1.90):
- [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz] has been added as an option in [Audio CD Output Frequency] under [Music Settings].
- [Type 2] has been added as an option in [Bitmapping] under [Music Settings].
- [On] has been added as an option in [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] under [BD/DVD Settings].
- The [Image Quality Adjustment] option in the control panel has been changed to [AV Settings].
- You can now play AVCHD-format video files that are saved on Memory Stick media or on the hard disk of a video camera.
- You can now operate the (Slow (Back)) and (Frame Reverse) functions when playing video files saved on storage media or on the hard disk.
- New for 1.92: Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PlayStation2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles (coming soon).
- You can now adjust screen display settings while playing PlayStation and PlayStation2 format software.
- You can now sort games that are saved on the hard disk.
- [Add to Bookmarks] has been added as an option in the [File] menu of the Internet browser.
- When an avatar is displayed during a voice / video chat, the avatar now moves in response to audio.
- [Eject Disc] has been added in the options menu for discs. - You can now select [Group Content] when changing a file or folder icon.
For additional information and downloads, visit
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2016 - All rights reserved