Friday, August 22, 2014
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Thursday, January 19, 2006
ATI Releases Catalyst 6.1
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
The new ATI Catalyst 6.1 software suite is currently available for downolad.
The software suite updates both the ATI Display Driver (version 8.205), and the Catalyst Control Center (version 6.1).
Issues Resolved in Catalyst Software Suite 6.1
- BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect is no longer noticed when playing the game in night vision mode.
- Beyond Good and Evil: Flickering artifacts are no longer noticed on the game characters after approximately 15 minutes of game play.
- Dark Age of Camelot: The game no longer exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or after playing for up to 15 minutes.
- Everquest II, The Fall, and World of Warcraft: A VPU Recover event or the operating system failing to respond no longer occur when playing the game. - Half-Life2: Enabling Catalyst AI no longer results in the outer edges of the water appear dark or black in color.
- World of Warcraft: Rotating or zooming within the Blackwing Lair or Seering George level of the game no longer results in a VPR Recover occurring after approximately a few minutes of game play.
- Catalyst Control Center: The Display Properties aspect is now translated correctly for Traditional Chinese.
- Attempting to hot-plug a DFP display device using the HDMI-DVI connector no longer results in the DFP display device failing to display an image.
- Viewing TV for several hours under Windows XP Media Center Edition on a system containing either an ATI Radeon X1300 or an ATI Radeon X1800 no longer results in an extraordinary long delay in the shut down and no longer results in Windows XP MCE TV failing to restart.
- The radio seek function found in the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating system is now functioning properly when using an ATI Radeon X800.
For additional information read ATI's full
ATI Catalyst 6.1 for WIn2K/XP
ATI Catalyst 6.1 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2014 - All rights reserved