Sunday, July 24, 2016
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Thursday, October 13, 2005
PSP Firmware 2.5 is Out
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Sony released the firmware v2.50 upgrade for the PSP portable gaming console.
Download the v2.50 firmware
(model number PSP-1001 sold in North America).
Features updated in system software version 2.50 include the following:
- LocationFree Player has been added as a feature under Network.
You can watch TV or videos on your PSP system by using the LocationFree Player. To watch TV or videos at home, you must have a LocationFree Base Station (a Sony product sold separately). To watch away from home, you must have a LocationFree Base Station (a Sony product sold separately) and access to the Internet using a wireless LAN. For details, visit
- Auto-Select and Unicode (UTF-8) have been added as options to Encoding under View in the Internet Browser menu bar.
- Settings for Text Size and Display Mode in Internet Browser can now be saved.
- The input history of online forms accessed through [Internet Browser] can now be saved.
- Copyright-protected video can now be played under Video. (This applies to video saved on Memory Stick Duo media).
Note that fees may be charged to obtain or use copyright-protected video. Downloadable copyright-protected video may not be available in all countries and regions.
- Set via Internet has been added as an option to Date and Time in Date & Time Settings under Settings.
- WPA-PSK (AES) has been added as a security method under Network Settings.
- Korean input mode has been added to the on-screen keyboard.
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2016 - All rights reserved