Saturday, December 20, 2014
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Thursday, June 02, 2005
Pentax Announces Digital SLR Camera with Large LCD Monitor
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Pentax today announced the new *ist DL. This camera is essentially the same as the *ist DS but with a few feature changes and specification reductions.
Primary differences include Auto ISO, removal of 11-area AF, a penta-mirror viewfinder with lower magnification and a larger LCD monitor.
Summary of changes (compared to the *ist DS):
- Auto ISO
- 3-area AF (*ist DS was 11 area)
- Wide / spot AF
- Three level 'soft' digital filter
- Continuous shooting buffer reduced to 5 / 3 images (JPEG / RAW)
- Penta-mirror viewfinder instead of Penta-prism, 0.82x magnification
- Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screen
- Larger 2.5" LCD monitor
- Removal of high speed sync flash
- Two new languages: Swedish, Dutch
- Slightly lighter (575g vs. 605g)
- Available in black and silver
The *ist DL features a 2.5 inch LCD monitor and the lightest PENTAX digital SLR body at only 16.6 ounces.
Featuring 6.1 effective megapixels and compatibility with most interchangeable PENTAX lenses, the *ist DL will ship in July 2005 with the smc PENTAX DA 18-55mm digital lens for under $800 US.
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2014 - All rights reserved