Thursday, August 21, 2014
Search
  
Monday, April 18, 2005
 16x DVD+R/-R to be mainstream for DVD disc shipments
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
Your Name:
Your e-mail: * Required!
Recipient (e-mail): *
Subject: *
Introductory Message:
HTML/Text
(Photo: Yes/No)
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
 
Message Text: 16x DVD+R/-R discs will account for the largest portion in terms of shipment in beginning the third quarter of this year at the earliest, according to Taiwanese makers of optical discs.

The story comes from Digitimes.com. Among Taiwan's output of DVD+R/-R discs, 8x plus 4x discs take up 80%-90% currently, with the remaining 10%-20% being 16x discs produced by no more than five leading makers, the makers indicated.

Although the global demand for DVD discs is increasing as reflected on orders received, second-tier makers in Taiwan have offered lower prices to compete for 8x and 4x DVD+R/-R discs. This makes leading manufacturers, such as CMC Magnetics and Ritek, shift the focus of their production of DVD discs to 16x DVD+R/-R discs gradually to avoid low-price competition. Currently, OEM prices of 16x DVD+R/-R discs stand at US$0.38-0.40, significantly higher than US$0.25-0.30 for 8x discs, CMC vice president and spokeswoman Andria Wong pointed out.

CMC, Ritek, Daxon Technology, Prodisc Technology and a few others have passed certification for 16x DVD+R/-R discs by Philips or Pioneer or both, while Gigastorage and Lead Data are in the process of obtaining such certification, the makers noted.
 
Home | News | All News | Reviews | Articles | Guides | Download | Expert Area | Forum | Site Info
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ - CDRINFO.COM 1998-2014 - All rights reserved -
Privacy policy - Contact Us .