Wednesday, December 13, 2017
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Plextor releases PX-716SA
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Plextor is expanding its range with its first Double layer Dual Format drive with the new PX-716SA.
The drive offers a S-ATA connection interface, writes at 16X for DVD+R, 16X for DVD-R and 6X for DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL (Double Layer). The drive rewrites 8X DVD+RW and 4X DVD-RW. The PX-716SA reads CD-ROMs at 48X and DVD-ROMs at 16X.
The PX-716SA comes in internal version with a Tray load mechanism (only bulk).
The PX-716SA is supported by a Fast Warranty Service by Plextor, by which any inconveniences resulting from a defect are reduced to a minimum. The firmware is stored in FlashROM which makes it possible to quickly and easily upgrade to the latest version. CD TEXT is also completely supported.
DL DVD+R: 4X
DL DVD+R: 6X
DL DVD-R: 6X
DL DVD-R: 2X
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology: Stops buffer underrun errors
- GigaRec Technology
- Intelligent Recording
- 'AutoStrategy' is a self-learning writing technology to optimise the writing quality on any type of media
- 'Intelligent Tilt' controls the laser in three dimensions, to ensure high quality writing and reading if the disc surface has imperfections
- 'PoweRec' is a complex piece of writing intelligence ensuring superior recording quality at high speeds on certified media
- SecureRecording Technology
- Silent Mode
- VariRec Technology
- Supports Lossless Linking (DVD+R/RW)
- Zero Link (DVD-R/RW)
- Supports Background Formatting
- Access Time <100 ms for CD; 150 ms for DVD
- 8MB Buffer
- Serial ATA interface
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2017 - All rights reserved