Sunday, October 22, 2017
All News Categories
Reviews Around the Web
DVD Media Formats
Optical Storage Software
News Around The Web
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Plextor releases slot load version of the PX-716
You are sending an email that contains the article
and a private message for your recipient(s).
(At the moment, only Text is allowed...)
Plextor is expanding its range with its first slot loading Double layer Dual Format drive. The PX-716AL writes at 16X for DVD+R, 16X for DVD-R and 4X for DVD+R DL (Double Layer).
The drive also rewrites 8X DVD+RW and 4X DVD-RW. The PX-716AL reads CD-ROMs at 48X and DVD-ROMs at 16X.
The PX-716AL comes in internal version (bulk) with a slot loading mechanism. The PX-716AL provides a longer life span and increased durability, as there is no risk of a tray being broken.
Beginning of March 2005, firmware 1.05 will be released to support 6x writing on DVD-R DL media.
The PX-716AL is supported by a Fast Warranty Service by Plextor, by which any inconveniences resulting from a defect are reduced to a minimum. The firmware is stored in FlashROM which makes it possible to quickly and easily upgrade to the latest version. CD TEXT is also completely supported.
- Writing: DVD+R: 16x
DL DVD+R: 4X
DL DVD+R: 6X
DL DVD-R: 2X
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology: Stops buffer underrun errors
- GigaRec Technology
- Intelligent Recording
- 'AutoStrategy' is a self-learning writing technology to optimise the writing quality on any type of media
- 'Intelligent Tilt' controls the laser in three dimensions, to ensure high quality writing and reading if the disc surface has imperfections
- 'PoweRec' is a complex piece of writing intelligence ensuring superior recording quality at high speeds on certified media
- SecureRecording Technology
- Silent Mode
- VariRec Technology
- Supports Lossless Linking (DVD+R/RW)
- Zero Link (DVD-R/RW)
- Supports Background Formatting
- Access Time <100 ms for CD; 150 ms for DVD
- 8MB Buffer
- E-IDE (ATAPI) interface
- Includes PlexTools Professional
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ -
1998-2017 - All rights reserved