|Last 7 Days News :
Wednesday, August 04, 2004
Plextor announces PX-708UF2 8X DVD±R Recorder
Plextor, one of the leading companies for the development and production of CD-ROM drives, CD-Recorders and CD-ReWriters is expanding its range with its new Dual Format drive, the PX-708UF2.
The drive writes DVD's at 8-speed, rewrites at 4-speed using the DVD plus format. With the DVD minus format, this drive writes at 8x and rewrites at 4x. The PX-708UF2 reads DVD-ROMs at 16x.
The PX-708UF2 comes in external version with a Tray load mechanism.
The Retail package includes: PX-708UF2 (DVD Recorder), USB cable, IEEE (FireWire) cable, power cable, adapter, Plextor CD/DVD Utility Software (PlexTools Professional), Nero 6 and InCD recording software, Pinnacle Studio 9 software, PowerDVD software, 16-language manual.
The PX-708UF2 is supported by a unique two-year On-Site Collect & Return** guarantee by Plextor, by which any inconveniences resulting from a defect are reduced to a minimum. The firmware is stored in FlashROM which makes it possible to quickly and easily upgrade to the latest version. CD TEXT is also completely supported.
With the PX-708UF2, the user has a perfect all-in-one product for creating own home videos, back-ups, composition of photograph collections, saving music...
- Writing DVD+R: 8x
- DVD-R: 8x
- CD-R: 48x
- Rewriting DVD+RW: 4x
- DVD-RW: 4x
- CD-RW: 24x
- Reading DVD-ROM: 16x
- CD-ROM: 48x
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology: Stops buffer underrun errors
- VariRec Technology
- PoweRec Technology (Plextor Optimised Writing Error Reduction Control)
- Supports Lossless Linking (DVD+R/RW)
- Zero Link (DVD-R/RW)
- Supports Background Formatting
- Access Time <100 ms for CD; 150 ms for DVD
- 8MB Buffer
- USB 2.0 + IEEE 1394 (FireWire) Interface
- PC Compatibility:
- Pentium III 700Mhz or higher
- 128MB Memory
- 800MB-1GB of free disk space
- Compatible with:
- Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- MultiRead Compatible
- Supports SPDIF (Digital Audio Output)
- High Quality Digital Audio Extraction
- A black tray, to reduce the jitter and to increase the quality of the burned CD
- Two year* full-warranty (parts, labor and replacement) with On-Site Collect & Return** service
- Compatible formats:
CD-DA, CD-Extra, CD-ROM Mode-1, CD-ROM Mode-2, CD-ROM XA, Photo-CD, Video-CD, Multisession, CD TEXT, CD-I, CD+G, Mixed CD
Track at Once, Disc at Once, Packet Write (variable and fixed), Session at Once, CD-MRW (Mt. Rainier)
DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, Multiborder, Multisession, DVD+VR, DVD-VR
Sequential Write, Random Access Write DVD+MRW (Physical formatting in background)
Disc at Once, Incremental recording, Multiborder recording, Restricted Overwriting, DRT-DM
- Wide CD-R and CD-RW media compatibility
- Wide range DVD+R/RW media compatibility
- Includes PlexTools Professional