Musicmatch Jukebox 9.0 Introduces Unmatched Music Discovery and Ability to Share Music Legally by Sending Playlists and Songs to Friends.
The unruly universe of digital music has been discovered and tamed. Musicmatch, Inc., the leader in personalized music software and services, today announced a new version of the popular Musicmatch Jukebox with the breakthrough Musicmatch On Demand streaming service, giving consumers unlimited access to more than 650,000 tracks to enjoy from any PC. With an unparalleled music discovery engine, Musicmatch Jukebox 9.0 offers the easiest way to create the perfect playlist and share it legally with friends. New Musicmatch Jukebox features ensure it is the easiest way to manage, enjoy, discover and buy music all in one place on the PC.
The new Musicmatch On Demand service gives consumers unlimited access to every song in an expansive catalog of music more than $650,000 worth of music at your fingertips. Music playlists and tracks can be shared with friends legally and quickly, while Musicmatch Jukebox organizes all music downloaded, recorded from CD or streamed on demand in one place. Musicmatch Jukebox also unveils enhanced customization and an advanced music discovery engine that ensure music fans spend more time listening to music they love, not looking for it.
"Music services are evolving from their complex roots of ripping, burning, and managing purchased and pilfered media locally into simple on-demand services where you gain legal access to the entire music library for a low fee," said Enderle Group Principal Analyst Rob Enderle. "Enhancements will now focus on personalization, discovery and portability going forward. With this announcement, Musicmatch is once again setting the pace for the next generation of on-demand, increasingly personalized, multimedia providers."
Musicmatch Jukebox 9.0 is the first true all-in-one jukebox program, offering a way for any music fan to easily discover and enjoy music, regardless of listening preferences and budget. Musicmatch Jukebox includes free and premium Musicmatch Radio, as well as 700,000 songs for download at 99 cents each through the Music Store. Now, customers can also subscribe to the Musicmatch On Demand streaming service the easiest way to make the perfect playlist, offering unlimited access to the music universe:
- First on-demand music service integrated into all-in-one jukebox - Giving the same ability to play the music universe that customers have now with their own music files. Listeners can save any On Demand track to playlists and music library, and mix and match with MP3s and purchased downloads.
- Breakthrough music discovery engine - Always setting Musicmatch apart, and now it's even better. Musicmatch has built a map of the music universe based on billions of play events from its listening community, and you can use it to find the music you'll love. *Browse through up to 100 of the most closely related artists for just about any artist. *Click across related artist links to easily navigate across the music universe. *See all the music available from each artist, in popularity order. When you find an artist you might like, it's easy to listen to their best music first. *Receive daily recommended personalized playlists and artists based on the music other music fans play.
- Remote access - Subscribers can access their On Demand library, saved playlists and personalization preferences from any PC.
- Share with friends - With the Send to a Friend feature, subscribers can now legally share complete playlists or individual songs, which recipients can listen to up to three times, even if they are not subscribers to the service.
- Breakthrough pricing - For the first time, music fans can discover and enjoy $650,000 worth of music, from any PC, for as little as $7.95 per month.
Musicmatch Jukebox is also now easier than ever to use, even if you're brand new to digital music, with overall enhancements bringing faster access to music in from the customer's library and Musicmatch services:
- Smart and quick - Customers will enjoy an improved installation process, faster and easier navigation, and simplified right-click menus.
- Music on the go - It is now easier than ever to burn, rip and transfer music to portables.
- Visualize - Music fans can easily customize the jukebox further with improved "Viewby Album Art," and maximize to full screen with a single click.
- Give the gift - The Musicmatch Music Store now offers gift certificates and allowances.
"The new Musicmatch Jukebox with Musicmatch On Demand leaps ahead of existing services with an incredibly powerful music discovery engine, and an intense focus on ease of use," said Dennis Mudd, Musicmatch chairman and chief executive officer. "With Musicmatch On Demand, we're truly putting the music universe in front of our customers and making it easy for them to enjoy it in a very personal and relevant way."