ASUSTeK introduced the DRW-0804P-D external DVD rewriter, which supports USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 standards for fast peripheral connection. It provides versatile data storage at both 8X DVD-Write and 8X DVD+Write, and incorporated innovative technologies to offer high-quality recording and reliable operation.
The DRW-0804P-D also leveraged IEEE 1394 interface to enable fast data transfer for digital video content.
The DRW-0804P-D is ASUS' first external DVD Rewriter with a changeable door design at the front bezel, allowing users to change door colors to get away from the boring world of beige systems.
The DRW-0804P-D employed innovative technologies to provide cutting-edge data storage. FlextraLink™ prevents buffer underrun problems and eliminates the creation of unusable discs, while FlextraSpeed™ enhances accuracy and reliability when writing/re-writing across a broad range of certified media. The DRW-0804P-D features the patented ASUS DDSS II technology, which minimizes spindle motor vibration by stabilizing the pick-up head both horizontally and vertically during high-revolution operation. The DVD rewriter further adopted LCT (Liquid Crystal Tilt) technology, which provides enhanced pick up head accuracy during recording and playback on disks with uneven curvature and thickness.
The DRW-0804P-D will begin shipments in mid-June.
ASUS DRW-0804P-D Features:
- 8X DVD-Write/4X DVD-RW/8X DVD+Write/4X DVD+ReWrite/12X DVD-ROM/24X - CD-Write/24X CD-ReWrite/40X CD-ROM
- High-Speed Interface: USB2.0 + IEEE1394
- Latest NERO software bundle
- Windows XP/ ME/2000/98SE and Mac OS
- Multi-Formats: DVD Single/Dual layer discs, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-ROM Mode 1, CD-ROM/XA Mode 2 (form 1, form 2), Photo CD (single and multiple session), CD-DA, CD-Extra, CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW