A Japanese website (PC Watch) posted a very interesting post about the drive presented at this year's Computex Taipei 2004. The most important news is the annouchement of 16X DVD+R recorders and the arrival of many new drives from October 2004...
- BenQ DW1600, 16X DVD+R, 2.4X DVD+R DL, no DVD-R writing
- BenQ DW1620, 16X DVD+R, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-R
- BenQ DW1630, coming around October, 16X DVD±R, 8X DVD±RW, 4X DVD+R DL!
- BenQ DW1650, same specs as DW1630A but with SerialATA interface
- ASUS DRW-1608, 16X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 2.4X DVD+R DL
- MSI DR16P, 16X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 2.4X DVD+R DL
- MSI DR12P, 12X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 2.4X DVD+R DL
- GigaByte GO-W1608A, 16X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+RW, 2.4X DVD+R DL
- Toshiba TS-H552B, 16X DVD±R, 8X DVD±RW, 2.4X DVD+R DL
- BTC DRW1016IM, 16X DVD+R, 12X DVD-R, 8X DVD+RW and 4X DVD-RW
- BTC DRW1108IB, 8X DVD±R, 4X DVD±RW and build-in card leader
* DVD+R DL media from Ritek, BenQ, Mr. Data, CMC Magnetics, Prodisc, NANYA Plastics, Optodisc
* 16X DVD+R from Ritek, CMC Magnetics, Optodisc, Moser Baer
* Blu-Ray media from CMC Magnetics, Prodisc, Optodisc
For more information click at the 'Source' link!