Roxio has announced that its Toast 6 line will soon be DVD Double Layer (DL)-compatible, allowing Mac users to take advantage of this DL technology for the first time via a downloadable patch that will be available in June.
The new DVD +R Double Layer capabilities of Toast 6 Titanium and Toast with Jam 6 will enable users to burn nearly twice the amount of personal data (from 4.7GB to 8.5GB), or record more than three hours of MPEG-2 (DVD-quality) video content on a single DVD +R DL disc.
The Adobe® Video Collection delivers a comprehensive toolset for Windows® based video production, providing the power and control you need to put your ideas in motion for film, video, DVD, or the Web. Available in both Standard and Professional editions.
Toast 6 Titanium will soon include the following Double Layer capabilities:
• Data format - backup and create data discs with up to 8.5 GB of data on a single DL DVD disc
• Copy format - create one-click copies of non-encrypted dual-layer DVD movies
• Video format - author DVDs with more than three hours of video
Toast with Jam 6 customers will enjoy additional Double Layer benefits due to the inclusion of Dolby Digital with the Jam software:
• Audio format - put more than 70 hours of music on a DVD music album, using Dolby Digital sound
• Video format - author DVDs containing more than 4 hours of video without sacrificing audio quality using Dolby Digital compression
All registered Toast 6 Titanium and Toast with Jam 6 customers will be able to update their software using a free download available in June from Roxio's Web sites worldwide.