After the introduction of the BCO 4816IA, BTC announcesthe new BCO 5216IA. Like its slower brother, combines the triple functionalities of a 7-in-1 digital memory card reader, a 52X CDRW drive and a 16X DVD-ROM drive, all combined into one standard sized, half height optical drive.
BTC's optical combo drives uses the "tilt control" mechanism considerably improves the stability and accuracy of reading or writing data to/from the media.
Furthermore, the BCO 5216IA also employs the MTK Superlink buffer underrun error prevention technology, which enables data to be written in an accurate and steady flow even under the harshest conditions.
Another feature that is implemented in this drive is the in-house developed 7-point Double Suspension Anti-Vibration system which minimizes vibration and noise, ensuring silent and steady operation even at the highest RPM speeds.
The card reader part, which connects to the PC mainboard's internal USB connector, is fully compatible with all 7 popular memory card formats that are often used in digital cameras, MP3 players and other fashionable digital devices: Compact Flash, Micro Drive, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Secure Digital and Multimedia Card. The CDRW part writes data to recordable CD's at the maximum 52X, rewritable CD's at up to 24X. And last but not least, the DVD reader part reads DVD-ROM discs at up to 16X. Naturally, playback of DVD-R(W) and DVD+R(W) media is also supported.
- Interface Optical Drive: Standard IDE interface
- Card Reader: USB on board connection
- Digital media: CompactFlashTM / MicroDriveTM / SmartMediaTM / Memory StickTM / Memory Stick ProTM / Secure DigitalTM / MultimediacardTM
- Disc capacity:
CD-ROM: 74min/650MB, 80min/700MB
DVD-ROM: Single layer 4.7GB, Dual layer 8.5GB (one side)
- CD/DVD formats: DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, Photo CD, CD-TEXT, Video CD, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-UDF,Multi-Session
- Writing methods: CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, Photo CD, CD-TEXT, Video CD, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-UDF, Multi-Session, TAO (Track at Once), DAO (Disc at Once), SAO (Session at Once), Multi-Session, Packet Writing
- Data transfer rate:
CD-R 7800KB/sec (52X, CAV), CD-RW 3600KB/sec (24X, P-CAV), CD-ROM/RW 7800/4800KB/sec, DVD-5/DVD-9 21632/13520KB/secCard Reader 1.5MB/sec
Access time: CD/DVD 110/120 ms
- Data buffer: 2 MB