Catching up with the Christmas market demand, Sony will launch
PSX in December 13th in Japan. The company changed the
specifications of the new hybrid recording machine, but promised
that firmware upgrades will be available.
The main changes are the following:
- The "DVD+RW" Logo has been removed from the front panel of the
device (Ceatec 2003 Japan), replaced by the "G-GUIDE" logo.
- The recording speed from hard disk to DVD became 12X from
- DVD+RW reproduction (DVD+VR) is not supported.
- Reproduction of CD-R is not supported.
- TIFF and GIF formats are not supported.
- Sony Cyber-Shot animation pictures are not supported.
- MP3 reproduction is not supported.
- The Internet service "Playstation BB" postponed and promised
for future upgrades.
- DESR-7000 weight changes into 5.8kg from 5.6kg, and into 5.7kg