The famous Fraunhofer IIS released an evaluation version of a new MPEG-4 encoder available for downloading in the Fraunhofer
website. Let’s hope the new encoder to offer the quality the MP3 did.
On the Fraunhofen website you can download free evaluation versions of the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG-4 player and the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG-4 encoder and server. These evaluation versions are for personal and non-commercial use and are intended to promote the MPEG-4 standard and to demonstrate the MPEG-4 technologies available at Fraunhofer IIS.
· Support of the MPEG-4 Audio AAC-LC and AAC-LTP object types
· Support of the MPEG-4 Simple and Advanced Simple Visual Profiles
· Support of the MPEG-4 Fileformat
· Support of the ISMA Specification 1.0 for RTP/RTSP streaming of MPEG-4 content over IP
· Support of the 3GPP Fileformat and the 3GPP specification for RTP/RTSP streaming
· Windows 2000 or XP, Windows 98 (player only)
· At least Pentium III with 1 GHz
· At least 128 MB memory
· At least 30 MB of available hard-disk space
· DirectX 8.0 or higher
· Additionally for the optional live encoding mode: analog audio and video input (e.g. TV card with WDM drivers and DirectShow capability)