Zynet's anncounced the avaliability of a new external enclosure for 5.25" devices such us CD-ROM / CDRW / DVD. The device uses a USB 2.0 controller and can be easily connected to your pc.
CD-R3-U2 is divided into three parts, main body and front / back cover. The middle body of CD-R3-U2 is made of aluminum with special surface process to make it a smoother touch and better look. Besides, aluminum has a good cooling efficiency and offers a solid shell for the device inside the body. A small fan is attached on the back cover to exhaust hot air, and there is also a 5-pin power socket and power switch on it.
Through the new USB 2.0 controller, CD-R3 is endowed with high performance of stability and transferring speed, and it supports up to 250G a capacity of Hard Drive. The ideal data transfer rate for USB 2.0 interface is up to 480Mbps. CD-R3-U2 supports Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Mac OS 9.x above and Linux 2.4. No driver is needed except win98. It is suitable for IDE CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW.
- Works with both PC and Macintosh
- Plug-and-play and hot-swappable connection
- Supports PC Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP and Macintosh OS9.0 or later
- No driver is needed, except win98 and Mac OS 8.6
- External power adapter
- AC input: 100VAC to 240VAC
- DC output: +5V/+12V
- ATA100/130 supported
- Performance: USB V2.0 interface at 480Mbps speed (also support USB 1.1)