At the 2003 International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), Sonic Solutions introduced a new version of its DVD-Audio Creator software that adds significant performance enhancements and new features designed to enable audio professionals and mastering studios to streamline their DVD-Audio title production.
Sonic DVD-Audio systems are available in two versions. DVD-Audio Creator provides users with support for hybrid DVD-Audio/DVD-Video title production, and DVD-Audio Creator LE is designed for focused DVD-Audio title production.
New in DVD-Audio Creator
- Newly combined authoring and command edit UI provides for streamlined production and eliminates extra compiling tasks
- Template-based authoring allows faster turn-around on similar titles
- Expanded support for PGC Block titles designed to provide music producers with more title design flexibility by allowing multi-channel and stereo audio streams to be placed within the same PGC
About DVD-Audio Creator and DVD-Audio Creator LE
DVD-Audio Creator is a full-specification DVD-Audio authoring system that represents the culmination of over four years of research and development to enable the most efficient creation of fully-featured, compatible DVD-Audio titles. Combined with Sonic Scenarist, DVD Creator or DVD Fusion, DVD-Audio Creator is equipped to format both single- and dual-layer titles in the industry-standard 'Universal' DVD format, enabling content holders to publish titles that are "backward-compatible" with the millions of DVD-Video players installed worldwide.
DVD-Audio Creator LE is a Limited Edition version built on the DVD-Audio Creator technology and offers
- Ability to author all nine DVD-Audio title groups with 99 tracks per group
- Sequential and browseable slideshows
- CPPM copy protection
- Menus for accessing either High-Density Audio in Meridian Loss Packing (MLP) or LPCM formats
- DTS or Dolby Digital audio streams, and MPEG-2 motion video.
Running on Windows 2000, DVD-Audio Creator LE can be used in conjunction with Scenarist, DVD Creator or DVD Fusion to provide the ultimate DVD authoring suite. Sonic provides a complete upgrade path from DVD-Audio Creator LE to the full version of DVD-Audio Creator.
The DVD-Audio format is the result of collaboration among major recording companies and builds on the success of the DVD-Video format. The format incorporates breathtakingly accurate audio reproduction by supporting sampling rates of 96kHz and 192kHz with up to 24 bits of information per sample ,compared to the CD standard of 44.1kHz and 16 bits per sample, on all six channels of a surround presentation. DVD-Audio also permits the addition of video tracks, including many of the features that have made DVD-Video such a runaway success.