Pioneer Europe NV today announces its new DVD-R/RW recorder, the Pioneer DVR-5100H-S, providing consumers with the next generation of DVD technology. Pioneer introduces its first DVD recorder with an integrated hard disk drive (HDD), capable of storing a massive 102 hours of broadcast programmes, films and digital camera footage.
Pioneer has developed the ideal companion for television recording. The built-in 80gb HDD provides consumers with unrivalled ease of use and new functionality, such as the One Touch Copy function that allows programmes stored on the HDD to be copied at high speed to a disc with just one press of a button. Users can also watch the beginning of a recorded programme whilst still recording the end - perfect for those who arrive home half way through their favorite show.
The slim and stylish Pioneer DVR-5100H-S can be integrated easily with any home cinema equipment, making it an integral part of consumer entertainment systems.
Avoiding the clutter of videotapes, the DVR-5100H-S records on both DVD-R and DVD-RW media, as well as the built in HDD, making it a perfect choice for users who regularly record and overwrite TV programmes. Other key features include:
- High capacity 80gb HDD that allows users to record directly on to the hard drive for temporary storage and archive selected recordings for permanent storage on DVD-R/RW discs.
- Using the Disc History function, users can easily find out which disc has sufficient space (or content that may be overwritten) without the need to actually load and check the discs in their libraries
- Possibility of recording between one to six hours of material in both 'Video Mode' and 'Video Recording mode', depending on desired picture quality and editing capabilities
- After a DVD-R/RW disc is finalized in Video Mode, the system creates a menu with selectable thumbnail images to visually confirm recorded programmes on a compatible DVD-Video playback system. The recording modes are based on MPEG compression technology for real-time recording of high quality images
- Four pre-set recording modes ranging from low to the highest quality levels (EP, LP, SP or FINE), and in addition the option to manually fine-select the recording quality in 32 steps. Using the EP recording mode, users are able to record an amazing 102 hours of programmes on to the HDD alone
- High speed copying directly from the HDD to DVD-R/RW discs to archive material without the need for decoding or re-encoding. This ensures that no image or audio data is lost, maintaining the exact quality level as recorded originally
- The Disc Backup feature offers users a convenient way to backup important material on DVD to another recordable DVD disc. All contents and information from the original disc is fully backed up without any quality loss. During Disc Backup, recording to the HDD or playback of other content from the HDD is possible
The Pioneer DVR-5100H-S will be available from September 2003. For more information visit www2.pioneer-eur.com