Verbatim Corporation and Peripherals Group, Inc., the exclusive licensee of the Verbatim brand for optical hardware products and subsidiary of CenDyne, Inc., today bridge the gap between DVD formats by offering Peripheral Group's first Dual-Format DVD Recorders that support the four most popular DVD formats, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD-R, as well as CD-R and CD-RW.
The new Verbatim 4X Producer 44 Dual-Format DVD Recorders come with user-friendly tutorial software and DVD burning software, enabling computer users to preserve priceless home movies, archive critical data and create custom music compilations in whichever format works best for them.
According to market research firm NPD Techworld, CenDyne was the retail sales revenue leader for recordable optical drives (DVD and CD) for the first quarter of 2003, which includes sales of both CenDyne-branded and Verbatim-branded DVD and CD recorders.
The Verbatim 44 Dual-Format DVD Recorders open up endless possibilities for users who want to create write-once discs as an archived family history, or rewritable discs to store and share the latest music. DVD media can store up to 4.7GB of information, allowing users to record a two hour home movie on a single disc. Both the external and internal dual-format drives burn at an incredible rate of 4X for the DVD+R and DVD-R formats. Plus, the new drives also support up to 2.4X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-RW, 16X CD-R and 10X CD-RW, giving the computer-savvy and novice users alike a great medium for saving music, sharing photos and transporting data files. Plus, the drives also read DVD-ROM, DVD movies and CD-ROM media.
The Verbatim 4X Producer 44 Dual-Format Internal DVD Recorder has an IDE interface and was designed to be installed into a PC, while the external version of the drive, the Verbatim 4X Producer 44E can be easily connected via its USB 2.0/FireWire port to any PC with a USB (2.0 or earlier) port or FireWire connection. Both are an excellent replacement for CD-RW drives that don't support the 4.7GB per disc capacity of DVD.
Bundled DVD & CD Software
So users can begin burning DVDs and CDs within minutes of opening the box, the new Verbatim Dual-Format DVD Recorders come with a "View Me First" Tutorial on CD, which walks the customer through the installation and DVD/CD burning processes. The new dual-format drives also come with an extensive suite of user-friendly software for a complete digital recording solution:
- Sonic MyDVD 4 - Easy-to-use DVD authoring and recording software that allows users to capture video clips, transfer video, create and edit movies, add titles and other effects to movies and video, and burn images to a disc quickly and easily.
- WinDVD - Software from InterVideo enables consumers to burn and play their own DVDs as well as commercially-produced DVD movies and software, on a personal computer.
- InCD - Provides simple drag and drop or direct save options within applications for flexible access to the dual-format DVD Recorder.
- MusicMatch® - Personalized music software for playing, recording, organizing and finding new music selections.
- Nero Express - CD and DVD burning and creation software for recording music with helpful new features to make burning easier.
Pricing, Availability & Warranty
The two new drives, the Verbatim 4X Producer 44 Internal Dual-Format DVD Recorder and the Verbatim 4X Producer 44E External USB 2.0/Firewire Dual-Format DVD Recorder, will be shipping to CenDyne's major retailers throughout North America this week and by May 19, respectively.
The Verbatim Internal Dual-Format DVD Recorder (model # VBTDVDL4A) and Verbatim External Dual-Format USB 2.0/Firewire DVD Recorder (model # VBTDVDL4X) priced at $299 and $399 respectively. The Verbatim DVD Recorders are covered by a one year warranty.