Ricoh announced the new MP5240A-DP, already demonstrated at CeBIT this year. The MP5240A-DP writes DVD+RW and DVD+R at 4x speed - the new generation standard from Ricoh.
The DVD+RW/+R format contains the international CD-R/RW standard. device also supports the "Lossless Linking" Technology, which enables data to be written with exact precision. The Ricoh MP5240A-DP already supports the new DVD+RW/+R high-speed standard.
- 4x write speed with DVD+RW and DVD+R - corresponding to 36x speed with CD-R/RW.
- Precision control of the write impulses through a new digital chip controller, numerous improvements to the analogue processor chip range, strengthening the output signals of the 2LD-1 Lens.
- 24x write CD-R, 10x rewrite CD-RW and 40x read
- Integrated support of Mt. Rainier and DVD+R Multi-Session-Recording.
- NeoDVD™ 4.5 standard software from MedioStream, which allows the simple creation of DVD-Videos. It supports writing in DVD+VR format and, with full compatibility, the insertion, deletion and processing of video data. Direct recording of television programmes and direct copying of videocassettes is also possible.
- Write software "Track to Disk™" from Roxio is included making data storage on CD-R/RW or DVD+RW/+R as easy as using a floppy or internal hard disc drive. This software already supports the next DVD-Recording-Generation DVD+MRW and CD-MRW.
- WinOnCD 6.0® from Roxio is included for the creation and writing of DVD-ROMs in different formats for CD-ROM. Music CDs can also be written.
Available in retail outlets from April 2003.