StarForce, a russian copy protection company for CD/DVD formats, posted on-line their first issue (electronic PDF version) about Copy protection. The monthly magazine is called "Copy Protection Review" and according to StarForce will contain...
"...info about copy protection, software piracy and CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-R production issues. Analysis and deep research of modern copying, emulating, cracking and anti-pirate technologies have motivated the company’s specialists to share our knowledge. StarForce’s mission is to fight piracy and support legal software environment.
By launching ”CPR” we are aiming to provide everyone involved in software business with factual, analytical and statistical information about one of the most delicate matters in the industry. This newspaper will discuss copy protection technologies development, software publishers’ preferences and experience with security tools, advantages and weaknesses of current systems. The edition will review world piracy news and anti-pirate activities,
undertaken by international organizations, include inter-views
with software producers and developers, overviews of the latest industrial events and trade shows. We hope to make the newspaper a valuable source of information for software developers and producers, CD/DVD replicators and duplicators, journalists and organizations, StarForce’s clients, partners and colleagues..."
The first issue includes many several intersting topics such as :
- DVD-ROM copy protection: experience by a German replication facility
- Cracks of PC games released before Christmas 2002
- Taiwanese PC games publisher, OdinSoft, discusses software piracy and protection experience
- Peculiarities of regional anti-piracy procedures and gaming industry in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Korea
- Names in software anti-piracy world: Business Software Alliance
- CeBIT preview: StarForce at the major event of the IT-year
To get your free copy, just click at the 'Source' link!