Sony advances the state of the art for CD burning with its new 52X CD-RW drive. The CRX220A1 can create a full CD in about 2 minutes, and features Sony's Power Burn™ Conformed buffer underrun CD recording management system. This technology takes the worry out of CD burning by eliminating buffer underrun and optimizing the burn to the brand and type of CD-R/RW disc used.
The CRX220A1 comes complete with a suite of software tools to help you manage and edit digital pictures and video, listen to your favorite digital music, record your own original music, and even back up your PC. Works with Windows® 98SE/2000, Windows Millennium Edition, and the Windows XP™ Home/Profressional operating systems.
Overview Fast Facts:
• Super Fast 52X max. CD-R and 24X max. CD-RW Burning
• Power-Burn™ Conformed* Buffer Underrun Protection Technology
• Impressive software bundle allows quick and easy creation of data CD-ROM, Video CD, Music CD and CD to CD copies.
• Equipped with industry standard EIDE (ATAPI) interface for easy installation
• Records up to 700 MB of data or 80 minutes of music (depending on type of disc used)
• *Buffer underrun protection technology is conformed to Sony's Power-Burn™ drive specifications.
High Speed - 52X24X52X: Sony's CRX220A1 delivers blazing fast 52X max. CD-R burning, creates a full CD-R disc in about 2 minutes
Power Burn™ Conformed buffer underrun technology and 2 MB buffer and quick 100 ms access time
Buffer underrun technology and 2 MB data buffer on your CRX220A1 drive delivers high sustained transfer rates to help reduce possible interruptions to recording. Fast access times of 100 ms helps to reduce the time spent waiting to find and retrieve your important data.
High Performance Recording Software
High Performance CD recorders need high performance software. Sony's revolutionary software suite brings together the best software tools available to create your own CDs.
Records all popular CD formats
Your Sony CD-RW drive was developed to meet industry standard specifications. These drives are compatible with CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW media and support recording in all popular CD formats including CD TEXT.